Requisition ID: 333665
Position Number: Multiple positions available
Posting End Date: Open until Filled
Site: Shared Health
Work Location: Brandon Regional Health Centre
Department / Unit: SHDS Ultrasound
Job Stream: Clinical
Union: MGEU T/P PMH
Anticipated Start Date: ASAP
FTE: Full-time and Part-time opportunities
Anticipated Shift: Days, Evenings, Weekends, Non-Repeating (non-conforming)
Daily Hours Worked: 7.75 hrs
Annual Base Hours: 2015
Salary: $36.963, $38.073, $39.212, $40.392, $41.603, $42.856
Note: Travel to other sites may be required
Shared Health leads the planning and coordinates the integration of patient-centred clinical and preventive health services across Manitoba. The organization also delivers some province-wide health services and supports centralized administrative and business functions for Manitoba health organizations.
Under the general supervision of the Charge Medical Technologist or designate, the Echocardiography Sonographer provides delivery of ultrasound services as defined at regional and local levels. The Sonographer performs echocardiography scans requested by Physicians, and deals effectively with related patient management, exam requests, diagnostic file management, equipment and supplies management. Where experiences do occur, in unusual circumstances, they assist in the provision of radiographic/ECG duties, if appropriately trained and qualified. The incumbent will maintain a safe environment in accordance with professional and provincial guidelines and ensure compliance with quality assurance programs and maintain standards put forth by Accreditation. Functions are conducted in accordance with the Mission and Values of Shared Health, current policies, procedures and applicable legislation.
- Previous related experience preferred.
- Must be a graduate of an approved and accredited Ultrasound training program.
- Must be a Registered Ultrasound Technologist and maintain active registration with Sonography Canada and/or the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS).
- Registration with the Canadian Association of Medical Radiography Technologists (CAMRT) would be an asset.
Qualifications and Skills
- Windows computer environment required.
- Microsoft Office programs preferred.
- Follow oral and written instructions precisely with attention to detail.
- Demonstrated effective oral and written communication skills required in English.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as a team member.
- Demonstrated organizational and interpersonal skills with ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships in a multi-disciplinary team environment and with external agencies, groups and the public required.
- Proficient analytical skills.
- Work under pressure.
- Maintains confidentiality with all information entrusted to the position.
- Fluent language skills (written and oral) in both French and English may be required.
- Ability to perform duties as described.
- Mental and physical health necessary to meet the demands of the job required.
We have a unique ability to work together to make health care better. If you want to make a difference and contribute to supporting the health of your family, friends and neighbours, please apply today.
Interested candidates should select the “Apply” icon below to upload their cover letter, resume and copy of licenses/certification.
This position requires a current satisfactory Criminal Records Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check as conditions of employment. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred. A security check is considered current if it was obtained no more than six (6) months prior to the start of employment.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more positions in Shared Health that combine to equal more than 1.0 FTE.
Shared Health values and supports employment equity and workplace diversity and encourages all qualified individuals to apply. We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We welcome applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request during the assessment and selection process.
If you meet these requirements and want to be an integral part of healthcare transformation in Manitoba, visit the link below to learn more and apply today!
Be sure to include a resume and cover letter letting us know why you would be the ideal candidate.