Fraser Health is responsible for the delivery of hospital and community-based health services to over 1.9 million people in 20 diverse communities from Burnaby to Fraser Canyon within the traditional, ancestral and unceded territories of the Coast Salish and Nlaka’pamux Nations, which is home to six Métis Chartered Communities.
We are seeking a Clear, Caring and Courageous leader to join our team as Program Medical Director, Primary Care. The Program Medical Director, Primary Care will be committed to delivering high quality primary care services throughout the Fraser Health region. They will work closely with the Executive Director, Primary Care & Chronic Disease Management and collaborate with the regional medical leadership for Family Practice, Emergency Medicine, Mental Health and Substance Use and other relevant services. In addition, they will lead and work in partnership with an interdisciplinary team including Nurse Practitioners nursing and allied clinical staff and leaders.
Reporting to the Vice President, Regional Care Integration, the Program Medical Director, Primary Care will utilize their strategic lens to develop and implement primary and community care initiatives while building strong relationships with the Divisions of Family Practice Primary Care Networks and other key stakeholders.
As a collaborative leader, the Program Medical Director, Primary Care will demonstrate and promote shared responsibility to improve health outcomes for Fraser Health residents. The Program Medical Director, Primary Care will support a patient-centred and results-oriented approach, championing integrated health care services. The successful candidate will bring creativity and innovative ideas to the sector, support new health care initiatives and programs, promote cultural safety and bring a passion for delivering a service-driven patient experience.
Key Areas of Involvement:
- Participate in the growth and development of new Urgent & Primary Care Centres (UPCCs) and Primary Care Networks (PCNs) within Fraser Health.
- In partnership with the Executive Director, Primary Care & Chronic Disease Management and other partners and stakeholders, drive implementation of high, quality, standardized services in Urgent & Primary Care Centres (UPCCs), primary care clinics and chronic disease services across Fraser Health, ensuring a people-centred culture that results in positive outcomes for patients and providers.
- Provide strategic leadership within the organization and with external partners including Divisions of Family Practice, the Family Practice Services Committee and the Ministry of Health.
- Foster strong, effective relationships and ensure collaborative engagement in a complex environment; promote the integration of primary and community services to support a clear, accessible system of care, in alignment with Fraser Health goals and provincial mandates.
- Provide leadership through mentoring, coaching, modeling a collaborative working style and leading by influence and respect.
- Ensure a culturally safe and inclusive workplace.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Medical degree from a recognized institution and eligible for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of BC;
- Demonstrated experience with health program administration and management;
- Experience with budgetary and operational planning;
- Proven ability to exercise sound judgement and action to better remove barriers across a continuum of care.
For a review of the complete job description, please review the link here.
If you have any questions or are interested in learning more about this opportunity with Fraser Health, please contact Paul Phillips, Lead Physician Recruitment by emailing email@example.com
Fraser Health values diversity in the work force and strives to maintain an environment of Respect, Caring & Trust. Fraser Health’s hiring practices aspire to ensure all individuals are treated in an inclusive, equitable and culturally safe manner.