Requisition ID: 323749
Position Number: Multiple positions available across Northern Manitoba
Posting End Date: Open Until Filled
Site: Shared Health
Work Location: Thompson, Flin Flon, The Pas, Gillam and Snow Lake
Department / Unit: Radiology
Job Stream: Clinical
Anticipated Start Date: ASAP
FTE: Permanent Full-Time
Anticipated Shift: Days, Evenings, Weekends, Standby Coverage, On Call
Daily Hours Worked: 7.75 hrs
Annual Base Hours: 2015
Salary: $28.865, $30.196, $31.580, $33.062, $34.603, $36.211
A Manitoba Northern Living Allowance and a further Northern Isolation/Remoteness Retention Allowance (of up to $10,000.00) is applicable in accordance with the current Shared Health/MAHCP collective agreement. Other benefits include relocation assistance with return of service and assistance with first three (3) months accommodation.
Shared Health leads the planning and coordinates the integration of patient-centred clinical and preventive health services across Manitoba. The organization also delivers some province-wide health services and supports centralized administrative and business functions for Manitoba health organizations.
Under the general supervision of the Charge Medical Technologist or designate, the General Duty Medical Radiology Technologist performs assigned Diagnostic duties in accordance with their scope of training and experience. The incumbent provides direct patient/resident care and the technical, administrative and operational support functions required as part of the multi-disciplinary team approach of service delivery and other duties as assigned. The incumbent will maintain a safe environment in accordance with professional and provincial guidelines and ensure compliance with quality assurance programs and maintain standards put forth by Accreditation. Functions are conducted in accordance with the Mission and Values of Shared Health, current policies, procedures and applicable legislation.
- Previous related experience preferred.
- Graduate of an approved Medical Radiography program with attained certification by the Canadian Association of Medical Radiation Technologists (CAMRT).
- Must maintain active registration with the Canadian Association of Medical Radiation Technologists (CAMRT) and the Manitoba Association of Medical Radiation Technologists (MAMRT).
Qualifications and Skills
- Windows computer environment required
- Microsoft Office programs preferred
- Follow oral and written instructions precisely with attention to detail
- Demonstrated effective oral and written communication skills required in English
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as a team member
- Demonstrated organizational and interpersonal skills with ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships in a multi-disciplinary team environment and with external agencies, groups and the public required.
- Proficient analytical skills
- Work under pressure
- Maintains confidentiality with all information entrusted to the position
- Fluent language skills (written and oral) in both French and English may be required
- Ability to perform duties as described
- Mental and physical health necessary to meet the demands of the job required
For more information about living and working in Northern Manitoba, please visit https://www.travelmanitoba.com/manitoba-north/
Interested candidates should visit the link below to upload their cover letter, resume and copy of licenses/certifications!