Requisition ID: 325786
Position Number: Multiple Positions Available
Posting End Date: Open Until Filled
Site: Shared Health
Work Location: Health Sciences Centre
Department / Unit: CT Scanner
Job Stream: Clinical Support
Anticipated Start Date: ASAP
FTE: 0.7 or 0.8
Anticipated Shift: Days, Evenings, Nights, Weekends
Daily Hours Worked: 7.75 hrs
Annual Base Hours: 2015
Salary: $31.212, $32.512, $33.876, $35.375, $37.044, $38.798
Shared Health leads the planning and coordinates the integration of patient-centred clinical and preventive health services across Manitoba. The organization also delivers some province-wide health services and supports centralized administrative and business functions for Manitoba health organizations.
Under the general direction of the Manager (or designate), the incumbent:
- Performs and assists radiologists and other physicians in the performance of all CT scans including biopsies, ablations and aspirations and in radiological procedures such as general duty.
- Assists and/or relieves the Charge Technologist as required.
- Minimum one year Radiology experience required.
- CT experience preferred.
- Graduate of an accredited school of Medical Imaging Technology. Successful completion of the Canadian Association of Medical Radiation Technologists certification exam (CAMRT).
- Successful completion of CAMRT’s Course 1 of the CT Imaging course series, preferred. Commitment to enroll and successfully complete Courses 1 (if not completed), 2 & 3 within three years from date of hire, is required.
- Must have the ability to start and establish IVs or commit to acquiring this skill through on the job training in conjunction with formal courses (e.g. IV Medication Administration or Vascular Access for Health Care Professionals at Red River Community College).
- Eligible for registration with the Canadian Association of Medical Radiation Technologists (CAMRT) and the Manitoba Association of Medical Radiation Technologists (MAMRT) upon hire and must become a registered member within three months of hire.
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) training requirements for this position shall be in accordance with the applicable policy.
Qualifications and Skills
- Preference will be given to those applicants competent in an Indigenous language and/or knowledge in Indigenous customs, traditions and values.
- Demonstrated competence in a wide range of CT and radiology procedures requiring independent judgment and initiative.
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with various levels of personnel, both internally and externally, and within an inter-disciplinary environment.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must have the ability to adapt readily, and respond with initiative, to a changing environment.
- Demonstrated planning, organizational and time management skills, including the ability to prioritize workload.
- Must be able to function as an independent, self directed professional.
- Demonstrated problem solving and critical analysis skills.
- Must have the ability to use professional judgment to adapt and apply procedures, protocols and professional standards of care to new and changing technology and needs of others.
- Must be in good physical and mental health and be able to stand or walk for extended periods of time without resting.
- Must demonstrate the use of safe and effective body mechanics while working with clients.
- Must be able to safely transfer large and/or heavy clients who may have limited or no weight bearing capabilities.
- Must be able to lift and position clients, some of whom are in a state of unconsciousness.
- May be exposed to radiation (within acceptable limits).
- May be exposed to extreme client injuries.
- May be required to occasionally work extended hours.
- May be exposed to infectious diseases, blood and body fluids, toxic materials, noise, allergens, physical and emotional stress.
- May encounter aggressive and/or agitated clients/visitors/staff.
Interested candidates should visit the link below to upload their cover letter, resume and copy of licenses/certifications!