Fraser Health is responsible for the delivery of hospital and community-based health services to over 1.9 million people in 20 diverse communities from Burnaby to Fraser Canyon within the traditional, ancestral and unceded territories of the Coast Salish and Nlaka’pamux Nations, which is home to six Métis Chartered Communities.
We are seeking an exceptional physician leader to join our team as a Regional Department Head (RDH). Reporting to the Executive Medical Director (EMD), Practice Improvement and Medical Staff Services, the Regional Department Head role is responsible for regional medical care and practice standards, performance management, departmental credentialing and privileging, quality and utilization monitoring/improvement, departmental operations, academic affiliation, and regional physician resource planning. You will also work in a triad relationship with the Executive Director, Hospital Medicine and Regional Medical Director (RMD), Hospital Medicine. Your engaging voice will make a positive impact in the meaningful work we strive to accomplish. If you are ready to make a difference as a leader, we invite you to join us.
Key Areas of Involvement:
In addition to those responsibilities defined in the Bylaws, responsibilities of the Regional Department Head include (but are not limited to):
- Developing annual operating objectives for the Regional Department;
- Functioning as the channel of communication to and from the Regional Department to keep members of the Regional Department informed regarding Fraser Health, HAMAC and Departmental objectives, policies and general activities;
- Directly overseeing the Quality Leader and Local Department Heads (LDH), bringing forward their views relating to patient care;
- Establishing a Regional Department Medical Quality Committee with responsibilities for quality assurance/improvement and review of morbidity and mortality;
- Reviewing with the RMD and/or EMD, the human resources requirements of the Regional Department and recommending a plan for the Regional Department to HAMAC;
- In collaboration with the HAMAC, recommending appointment of practitioners, renewal of Medical Staff membership and privileges;
- In collaboration with the HAMAC, recommending appointment of Clinical Fellows and Clinical Observers;
- Authorizing temporary appointment and temporary privileges;
- Developing, with the members of the Regional Department, standards of clinical practice for the Department and ensuring that the Department members work within established standards;
- Encouraging and facilitating programs for the continuing medical education of Regional Department members;
View the detailed job description here.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Eligibility for membership on the Fraser Health Medical Staff
- Five (5) years’ leadership experience within the healthcare sector and experience in hospital based leadership
- A Master’s degree in health administration or business administration is an asset
- Additional leadership training is preferred
- Experience with budgetary and operational planning is desirable
It is expected the role will require 0.3 FTE (11.25 hours/week). With limited time-specific meetings and a team that provides flexibility, this role is designed to compliment an existing practice with more ease.
To apply: If you have any questions or are interested in learning more about this opportunity with Fraser Health, please contact Physician Recruitment, Executive and Leadership Acquisition by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Posting open until filled.
Fraser Health values diversity in the work force and strives to maintain an environment of Respect, Caring & Trust. Fraser Health’s hiring practices aspire to ensure all individuals are treated in an inclusive, equitable and culturally safe manner.