Fraser Health is responsible for the delivery of hospital and community-based health services to over 1.9 million people in 20 diverse communities from Burnaby to Fraser Canyon within the traditional, ancestral and unceded territories of the Coast Salish and Nlaka’pamux Nations, which is home to six Métis Chartered Communities.
We are seeking an exceptional physician leader to join our team as a Regional Medical Director (RMD). You will provide regional leadership to support the successful delivery of a care and service program within Fraser Health from a medical staff perspective. This senior leadership position reports to the Executive Medical Director (EMD), Practice Improvement and Medical Staff Services and is accountable for defining medical care and practice standards, supporting standardization across the program and monitoring performance against standards. You will also work in a triad relationship with the Executive Director, Hospital Medicine and Regional Department Head (RDH), Hospital Medicine. If you are an engaging leader and ready to collaborate with your strategic lens to care and service, we welcome you to take your next step with us.
Key Areas of Involvement:
Quality, Standardization and Performance
- Ensure appropriate regional standards of care and practice are developed and implemented across the program for Medical
- Ensure effective quality improvement, patient safety and risk management activities in relation to Medical Staff members are in place and are achieving intended results
Recruitment and Development
- In collaboration with the RDH and SMD, conduct physician resource planning for the program.
- Work collaboratively with the EMD, Practice Improvement and Medical Staff Services to ensure that all contracts with physicians are managed effectively and in compliance with FH policies and procedures
- Work collaboratively with the EMD, Medical Affairs for credentialing and privileging and discipline of members of the medical staff
Leadership and Regional Coordination
- Provide leadership through mentoring, coaching, and modeling a collaborative working style and leading by influence and
- Maintain a high degree of visibility by regular visits to each acute care site, in which the program is
- Meet with inter-disciplinary clinical leaders, administrators, and program team members to support the alignment of Medical Staff practices with other activities and initiatives/activities of the inter-disciplinary program
Strategic and Policy Advice
- Provide senior medical administrative leadership and decision making, in relation to professional and strategic matters related to the
- Provide Medical Staff leadership for the planning and development of policies that support the integration and standardization of the program; ensure a systems perspective to link individual program needs to the wider health
- Attend HAMAC and provide advice and consultation on strategic and policy
You will also participate in dispute resolution/ mediation, promote research and training, and provide advice on medical legal issues.
View the detailed job description here.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Eligibility for membership on the Fraser Health Medical Staff
- Five (5) years’ leadership experience within the healthcare sector and experience in hospital based leadership
- A Master’s degree in health administration or business administration is an asset
- Additional leadership training is preferred
- Experience with budgetary and operational planning is desirable
It is expected the role will require 0.3 FTE (11.25 hours/week). With very limited time-specific meetings and a team that provides flexibility, this role is designed to compliment an existing practice with more ease.
To apply: If you have any questions or are interested in learning more about this opportunity with Fraser Health, please contact Physician Recruitment, Executive and Leadership Acquisition by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Posting open until filled.
Fraser Health values diversity in the work force and strives to maintain an environment of Respect, Caring & Trust. Fraser Health’s hiring practices aspire to ensure all individuals are treated in an inclusive, equitable and culturally safe manner.