Competition #2023-097 (PSAC Bargaining Unit)
Regular Full Time Position – (1.0 FTE)
This position is at the L09 level with an hourly pay range of $40.44 – $51.17
Are you looking to be part of an exceptional and passionate health care team in one of Canada’s most spectacular natural environments with vast and stunning wilderness at your doorstep?
Yukon Hospitals strives to cultivate an environment of passionate and engaged people with a culture that values growth, work/life balance, and wellness in helping all our people reach optimal ability. Our organization is an integrated system of hospitals: Whitehorse General Hospital (58 beds), Watson Lake Community Hospital (6 beds) and Dawson City Community Hospital (6 beds).
Reporting to the Manager Laboratory Services, the incumbent works collaboratively with the Manager Laboratory Services, the Facility Administrators at Yukon Hospital Corporation (YHC) community hospitals and in conjunction with the community health centers to manage all aspects of the interfaced and non-interfaced Laboratory Information Systems (LIS), including the Cardiology data management system. The incumbent is responsible for upgrades, maintenance, application support, troubleshooting, education and training for this system. The incumbent is also responsible for the overall laboratory inventory management system and will perform as a Medical Laboratory Technologist, as required.
Knowledge and skills required:
- Knowledge of laboratory operation and the specific disciplines integrated processes, testing procedures and functions of the Laboratory Information System (LIS).
- Extensive knowledge of computer systems integration in a clinical environment and of interfacing LIS internally and externally and the peripherals
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Visio
- Extensive written and verbal communication, organizational, interpersonal and computer skills including policy and Standard operations procedure writing
- Ability to work independently and as a member of the team
- Problem solving, critical thinking, decision making, project management and time management
- Effective interpersonal skills including discretion, tact and reliability
- Ability to lead and to adapt to change management and process improvement (LEAN System)
- Cross cultural awareness and sensitivity
The successful candidate will be a graduate of 2-3 year post-secondary education program with current Canadian Society for Medical Laboratory Science (CSMLS) certification as a Registered Medical Laboratory Technologist. A minimum of five years discipline-related experience as a Medical Laboratory Technologist and a minimum of two years laboratory IS expert user level experience and one-year experience in adult education and training are required. The successful candidate needs to have a clean driving abstract and be able to obtain a valid Yukon class 5 driver’s license. A degree in a related field and report writing skills within the LIS framework are desired.
TO APPLY: Quoting competition #2023-097, please e-mail your resume to: email@example.com
For more information, contact recruitment at firstname.lastname@example.org
Indigenous Workforce Initiative – We are committed to having a diverse and representative workforce that reflects the community we serve. When applying to YHC Career Opportunities, we invite you to voluntarily self-identify in the email body of your application. Please do so in whatever manner you feel accurately reflects who you are. You will then be connected with Yukon Hospitals’ Indigenous Workforce Initiative (IWI), where you can receive support with application materials, hear about additional training or mentorship opportunities, and ask any questions you have. All self-identification information will remain confidential. You are also welcome to contact IWI supports before submitting your application at IWI@wgh.yk.ca or call 867-332-7203.
Yukon Hospital Corporation is committed to employment equity. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, however, only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted. Unfortunately, at this time, we are unable to consider resumes from International applicants. Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada in order to apply, i.e. have Landed Immigrant Status, Work Visa, or be a Canadian Citizen.