One Full-Time Regular Position, 1.0 FTE (37.5 hours/week)
Parkdale Queen West Community Health Centre (PQWCHC) is a dynamic, community-based health care organization serving mid-west downtown Toronto. Offering a broad range of services, including primary health care, dental care, harm reduction, health promotion, counselling, and community development programming, we are also committed to serving people who face barriers to health care, and we strive to reduce these barriers. PQWCHC is a multi-sited organization.
A progressive leader, committed to anti-oppression, cultural awareness, and responsiveness in working across diverse populations, you will welcome this opportunity to contribute to a vision of Inclusive Communities. Responsive Healthcare. Healthier Lives.
Reporting to the Director, Primary Care and Mental Health Services, you will leverage your experience as a manager who is committed to ensuring the delivery of trauma-informed case management and short-term counselling services to clients, including people who use drugs, individuals who experience intimate partner violence, sexual assault, history of child abuse and other trauma. Accountable for daily operations, you will provide the necessary leadership and staff support to ensure the quality and efficiency of services to clients, identify opportunities to improve and expand on existing services and, as a member of the management team, work collectively to implement organizational strategies and achieve desired outcomes.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Graduate degree in social work, counselling or related field, or equivalent experience
- 3 to 5 years of progressive management in a supervisory capacity, preferably in mental health or a related field
- Significant experience working with populations experiencing complex health and social issues, with a preference for experience in a counselling or case management community-based setting
- Highly committed to trauma-informed principles, practices, and innovative approaches in the delivery of case management and counselling services and familiarity with harm reduction approaches
- Demonstrated excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and reasoning
- Highly flexible, consistently positive, and team-oriented outlook.
Compensation: Competitive salary commensurate with experience, plus Group Benefits and HOOPP (Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan)
If you are interested in joining in a creative and dedicated team, we want to hear from you! Please send your resume and cover letter in a single document (MS Word or PDF format only) to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting “Manager – Mental Health” in the subject line. Please submit your application by 5:00 pm on May 26, 2023. We truly appreciate your interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please also note that the successful candidate will be required to provide a police vulnerable sector check as a condition of employment, however strong consideration is made to the type of offense. Employment is conditional upon having had a full series of COVID-19 vaccinations (2 doses, plus a booster within the past 6-12 months) 14 days before starting employment.
PQWCHC is committed to the principles of access and equity. PQWCHC is committed to reflecting the diversity of the communities it serves and we encourage applicants who reflect Toronto’s indigenous, LGBTQ2, racial, and cultural diversity. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified candidates, including people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request. Parkdale Queen West CHC is in full compliance of the Ontario Human Rights Code and does not discriminate on the ground of records of offenses.