We seek outstanding individuals to join Loyalist College. Become a part of our diverse environment while creating brighter futures, greater prospects and endless possibilities!
Title: Senior Manager, Student Health
Position: Full Time, Admin
Location: Main Campus, Belleville, Ontario
Department: Health & Equitable Learning
Hours: 35 hours/week (non-traditional hours including late nights and weekends may be required)
Compensation: $93,637 – $124,850
Closing date: Open until filled
Start Date: A.S.A.P.
Competition #: 2023-00072
Loyalist College is located on the territory of the Huron-Wendat, the Anishinaabeg, and the Haudenosaunee people. We acknowledge our shared obligation to respect, honour, and sustain these lands and the natural resources contained within.
Loyalist College is Ontario’s Destination College – empowering students, faculty, staff, and partners through experiential, industry focused, cluster-based education, training, and applied research programs. Located on more than 200 acres in the beautiful Bay of Quinte region, the College is perfectly positioned between Toronto, Ottawa, and Montreal. Loyalist College is a close-knit community where students and their success come first. Loyalist provides personalized attention in small classes, rewarding field placements, and superior student services. Its Belleville, Bancroft, and Toronto campuses and Port Hope satellite location support programs and services for more than 6,000 full-time and 8,000 part-time students each year.
SENIOR MANAGER, STUDENT HEALTH:
Reporting to the Senior Director, Health & Equitable Learning, the Senior Manager, Student Health is responsible for ensuring exceptional health services for students by providing leadership to support staff and clinicians including Counsellors and Nurses, serving as primary liaison to the College’s contracted Physician, ensuring that the College meets all legal and ethical requirements when providing health and counselling services, and the day-to-day operation and administration of the Health and iMPACT Centre. The incumbent will be familiar with current legislation, Ministry expectations and liability issues, and will provide leadership in the development and enhancement of processes, practices, and service to students. The position works collaboratively with the broader Health & Equitable Learning team and campus partners to support student health and success.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the services and team to oversee training, scheduling, supervision, delegation of tasks and managing HR issues
- Work with the Senior Director, Health and Equitable Learning to determine and implement service priorities consistent with the department and College directions
- Collaborate with the Manager, Equitable Learning to ensure the smooth and integrated daily operations of the Health and iMPACT Centre
- Collaborate with the Contracted Physician on clinical and operational matters related to Nursing staff
- Liaise with Public Health on matters of vaccination, education, illness outbreak
- Provide direct clinical and administrative supervision to a team of nurses, counsellors and support staff to ensure standards and best practices are met to provide exceptional student focused services
- Implementation of consistent clinical framework, clinical policies and procedures, and best practices
- Development and continuous enhancement of processes and procedures within Student Health Services to ensure process are aligned with Ministry requirements, practice standards, and service excellence
- Develop systems of compliance and measurement to increase effectiveness and evaluation of services and outcomes
- Develop, establish and maintain effective partnerships with College and community partners
- Anticipate, monitor and manage risk to student clients, staff and College’s reputation
- Ensure that the departmental processes meet all legal requirements, including patient confidentiality, privacy, and accessibility standards
- Manage the department’s budget and monitor service and workforce planning and quality assurance
- Participate in the implementation of strategies to support students with illnesses to be successful in their academics in partnership with other departments as necessary
- Participate in the development of campus-wide educational initiatives to support students who may be ‘at-risk’
- Ensure the student voice is represented at the College through advocacy on behalf of the student, as required
- 4 Year Degree in Psychology, Nursing, Social Work, Health Sciences, Health Administration, or related disciplines from a recognized post-secondary institution is required
- Master’s degree in a related discipline is preferred
- Minimum of seven (7) years of progressive experience in a health, counselling, clinical or healthcare role and setting, including management/leadership experience
- Experience in a post-secondary unionized environment is an asset
- Strong clinical skills to support an interprofessional clinical team that works with a diverse student population with a variety of healthcare needs
- Proficient understanding of relevant healthcare and privacy legislation
- Demonstrated ability to advocate on behalf of clients and team
- Demonstrate excellent critical thinking, decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to apply technology to records, registration and reports
- Demonstrated practice of discretion and confidentiality
- Facilitation and leadership skills to support team building and managing change
- Ability to prioritize and work collaboratively within a cross-functional team
- Experience with budgets and financial management
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and strong verbal and written communication skills
- A clear Police Vulnerable Sector Check required
TO APPLY: Please find the above position on our Employment Opportunities webpage, by following this link: https://www.loyalistcollege.com/employment/work-at-loyalist-2/
Please note: Following an offer of employment, candidates with Canadian credentials will be required to provide official transcripts from the granting educational institution(s); candidates with international credentials must provide World Education Services (WES) www.wes.org/ca evaluation (at their own cost) confirming Canadian equivalency of their credentials.
Loyalist is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive college community. We encourage and welcome applications from marginalized and equity seeking groups. Loyalist College is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If you have accommodation needs, please inform us as soon as possible by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted