Competition #2023-395 (Management/Excluded Group)
Regular Full-Time – 75 Hours Bi-weekly
This position has a yearly salary range of $ 114,717.00 to $ 143,396.00
Are you looking to be part of an exceptional and passionate health care team in one of Canada’s most spectacular natural environments with vast and stunning wilderness at your doorstep?
Yukon Hospitals strives to cultivate an environment of passionate and engaged people with a culture that values growth, work/life balance, and wellness in helping all our people reach optimal ability. Our organization is an integrated system of hospitals: Whitehorse General Hospital (58 beds), Watson Lake Community Hospital (6 beds) and Dawson City Community Hospital (6 beds).
Reporting to the Director, Information Management, the Manager, Information Systems is accountable for the overall management and day to day operations of the Information Systems Department to ensure an efficient and effective service. In addition, the Information Systems Manager maybe asked to lead or support major corporate projects.
The Manager will support the Director, Information Management in improving services, program delivery and performance through oversight and deployment of information systems, improved access to information, technology and telecommunications. In addition, the Manager may be asked to lead or support major corporate projects as appropriate & required.
This position requires strong people skills in addition to leadership, administrative and technical knowledge. Primary functions include: fostering strong, positive employee relations; promoting excellence in quality, safety and risk management; efficient & effective utilization of human, financial and physical resources; budget implementation and project management. The Manager Information Systems takes a lead role in creating a culture of collaboration and teamwork. This position is a key role to supporting our mission, vision and goals and works closely and collaboratively with all hospital staff, healthcare partners and is an important member of the YHC management team.
Knowledge and Skills required for this position:
- Strong current knowledge of advanced IT environments in acute care health environments
- Excellent knowledge of information management principles and practices
- Knowledge of management methods and techniques including human and financial management.
- Excellent organizational and decision-making skills
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Excellent research skills and ability to prepare reports and correspondence
- Strong IT desktop and Microsoft Office application skills in a Windows environment
- Ability to deal with interruptions and time pressures and prioritize concurrent demands
- Good initiative, discretion and judgment.
- Ability to prepare a budget and determine resource requirements.
- Ability to resolve operational problems and assess staff performance
- Effective interpersonal skills to maintain strong working relationships inter, intra and extra hospital environment.
- Cross-cultural awareness and confidentiality
- Excellent knowledge and experience with Meditech Systems is a significant asset
- Excellent knowledge and experience with VM environment, CISCO Network Infrastructure, CISCO Telephony and EMC Storage are also significant assets.
The successful candidate will have a bachelor degree in related Information Management, Information Technology or Health Informatics combined with 5 years’ experience managing IT staff.
TO APPLY: Quoting competition #2023-395, please e-mail your resume to: email@example.com
For more information, contact recruitment at firstname.lastname@example.org
Indigenous Workforce Initiative – We are committed to having a diverse and representative workforce that reflects the community we serve. When applying to YHC Career Opportunities, we invite you to voluntarily self-identify in the email body of your application. Please do so in whatever manner you feel accurately reflects who you are. You will then be connected with Yukon Hospitals’ Indigenous Workforce Initiative (IWI), where you can receive support with application materials, hear about additional training or mentorship opportunities, and ask any questions you have. All self-identification information will remain confidential. You are also welcome to contact IWI supports before submitting your application at IWI@wgh.yk.ca or call 867-332-7203.
Yukon Hospital Corporation is committed to employment equity. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, however, only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted. Unfortunately, at this time, we are unable to consider resumes from International applicants. Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada in order to apply, i.e. have Landed Immigrant Status, Work Visa, or be a Canadian Citizen.