Competition #2023-369 (PIPSC Bargaining Unit)
Term Full-Time – 1.0 FTE
July 28, 2023 – March 29, 2024
This position is at the L09 level with an hourly pay range of $41.15 – $54.97
Are you looking to be part of an exceptional and passionate health care team in one of Canada’s most spectacular natural environments with vast and stunning wilderness at your doorstep?
Yukon Hospitals strives to cultivate an environment of passionate and engaged people with a culture that values growth, work/life balance, and wellness in helping all our people reach optimal ability. Our organization is an integrated system of hospitals: Whitehorse General Hospital (58 beds), Watson Lake Community Hospital (6 beds) and Dawson City Community Hospital (6 beds).
Reporting to the Director of Patient Care, the incumbent is responsible for providing clinical and consultative services to patients and families; shares in the management of the Whitehorse General Hospital’s Social Work program and performs other related duties.
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Knowledge of social work theory, principles and techniques including the areas of mental health and addictions;
- Knowledge and understanding of the disease process at all ages through case management and consultation
- Knowledge and ability to access policies and procedures regarding programs, benefits and resources for clients, families and communities;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently in case management and link clients/significant others to appropriate resources
- Demonstrated ability and skill to work with professionals on an inter-disciplinary team;
- Demonstrated ability and skill to work with clients, families and communities with diverse backgrounds and circumstances in a manner that follows the Canadian Association of Social Workers’ Code of Ethics and promotes understanding and social acceptance as demonstrated through case record reviews, supervision or consultation.
- Demonstrated ability in networking, coalition building, community organization and advocacy for clients and communities where access to services is lacking as documented in recordings and case management
- Demonstrated ability in applying a variety of counselling skills including but not limited to family therapy, behavioural techniques, reality therapy, cognitive therapy, couple counselling and psychotherapy
- Excellent oral, written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated computer literacy
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills;
- Ability to work independently;
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize workload.
The successful candidate is required to have, Bachelor of Social Work from an accredited School of Social Work (4 years), registration in a provincial College of Social Workers, minimum 3 years social work experience and an understanding of social work services in a hospital setting, including at least 2 year’s experience with mental health of addictions clients. Master of Social Work degree; Experience with Meditech applications, First Nations health issues and Cross Cultural awareness training is desired
TO APPLY: Quoting competition #2023-369, please e-mail your resume to: email@example.com
For more information, contact recruitment at firstname.lastname@example.org
Indigenous Workforce Initiative – We are committed to having a diverse and representative workforce that reflects the community we serve. When applying to YHC Career Opportunities, we invite you to voluntarily self-identify in the email body of your application. Please do so in whatever manner you feel accurately reflects who you are. You will then be connected with Yukon Hospitals’ Indigenous Workforce Initiative (IWI), where you can receive support with application materials, hear about additional training or mentorship opportunities, and ask any questions you have. All self-identification information will remain confidential. You are also welcome to contact IWI supports before submitting your application at IWI@wgh.yk.ca or call 867-332-7203.
Yukon Hospital Corporation is committed to employment equity. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, however, only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted. Unfortunately, at this time, we are unable to consider resumes from International applicants. Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada in order to apply, i.e. have Landed Immigrant Status, Work Visa, or be a Canadian Citizen.