Competition #2023-453 (Management/Excluded Group)
Regular Full Time – (1.0 FTE)
Job description and salary are under review
Are you looking to be part of an exceptional and passionate health care team in one of Canada’s most spectacular natural environments with vast and stunning wilderness at your doorstep?
Yukon Hospitals strives to cultivate an environment of passionate and engaged people with a culture that values growth, work/life balance, and wellness in helping all our people reach optimal ability. Our organization is an integrated system of hospitals: Whitehorse General Hospital (58 beds), Watson Lake Community Hospital (6 beds) and Dawson City Community Hospital (6 beds).
Reporting to the Executive Director Nursing – Yukon Hospitals, the incumbent has the responsibility, authority and accountability for the 1Health clinical informatics team; its financial and personnel management, and the management of the clinical informatics development and implementation in YHC.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Strong knowledge of other Health Care Information System (HCIS) applications relevant to YHC including but not limited to: MEDITECH, BMV, Clinical Documentation, CPOE, etc;
- Good knowledge of multi-discipline, multi-site, and cross-departmental systems/applications and processes;
- Knowledge and demonstrated application of adult learning principles and practices;
- Knowledge of LEAN Principles and process flow mapping;
- Ability to build and maintain positive working relationships with staff, vendors, and external stakeholders;
- Ability to understand and analyze complex information and problem solve;
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, coordinate and lead teams;
- Good knowledge of management methods, techniques and solid management skills including ability to develop and manage a budget and human resources;
- Knowledge of established practice and procedures of professional nursing care;
- Knowledge of principles, trends and developments in the nursing and informatics field;
- Knowledge and ability to enhance continuum of care;
- Knowledge of other Health care disciplines and their role in patient care;
- Knowledge of conflict resolutions skills and techniques;
- Ability to be effective in planning, implementing and evaluating change;
- Ability to develop and implement changes in clinical informatics workflows;
- Ability to maintain records and prepare comprehensive and concise reports and correspondence;
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing;
- Ability to work effectively and interact with all levels of the organization including physicians, senior management, middle management, expert users, and frontline staff, as well as external vendors;
- Ability to act as an advocate and be respectfully assertive
- Strong analytical and organization skills
- Strong human resource and interpersonal skills with the ability to organize, coach, mentor and evaluate staff in varied roles
- Ability to set priorities and to show good judgment;
- Self-motivated and willingness towards continued learning;
- Cross-cultural awareness and sensitivity.
The successful candidate will have a Diploma or Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing with a minimum of five (5) years of nursing experience related to the assigned department/unit. Candidates must hold a valid Yukon Registered Nurses Association license. One to two years’ experience as an educator/instructor; training & development would be an asset. Masters level degree preferred and/or a clinical informatics designation. Experience with a Healthcare Information System preferably MEDITECH systems is also an asset.
TO APPLY: Quoting competition #2023-453, please email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Indigenous Workforce Initiative – We are committed to having a diverse and representative workforce that reflects the community we serve. When applying to YHC Career Opportunities, we invite you to voluntarily self-identify in the email body of your application. Please do so in whatever manner you feel accurately reflects who you are. You will then be connected with Yukon Hospitals’ Indigenous Workforce Initiative (IWI), where you can receive support with application materials, hear about additional training or mentorship opportunities, and ask any questions you have. All self-identification information will remain confidential. You are also welcome to contact IWI supports before submitting your application at IWI@wgh.yk.ca or call 867-332-7203.
Yukon Hospital Corporation is committed to employment equity. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, however, only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted. Unfortunately, at this time, we are unable to consider resumes from International applicants. Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada in order to apply, i.e. have Landed Immigrant Status, Work Visa, or be a Canadian Citizen.