Unlock your potential with this rewarding Physiotherapy role in a new hospital targeted opening 2025!
Requisition ID: 341233
Profession/Occupation: Physiotherapist (Clinical)
Facility/Site: Portage District General Hospital (PDGH)
Unit/Department/Program: Rehabilitation Adult Services
Employment Type: Permanent, Part-Time
Starting Date: As soon as possible
Posting End Date: Posting will remain open until filled
Schedule Details: Regular shift: Days; however, flexibility is required as there may be a need to work evenings, weekends, and statutory holidays.
Hours of Work: Monday–Friday, flexible between 08:00-17:00 (7.5 hours per day/shift, 37.5 hours per week)
Annual Base Hours: 1950
Union Affiliation: Manitoba Government and General Employees’ Union (MGEU – Technical Professional)
Hourly Pay Rate: $33.443, $34.448, $35.480, $36.546, $37.643, $38.772, $39.931, $40.730 (8-step range)
Join our team as a Physiotherapist at Portage District General Hospital (PDGH) and be part of an exciting expansion and transformation in healthcare. Portage la Prairie will be the site of a new hospital with a focus on enhanced accessibility, culturally safe care, and meeting the diverse needs of the community.
As a Physiotherapist, you will work collaboratively with an interdisciplinary team, including OT, PT, SLP, and Audiology, to deliver exceptional rehabilitation services. The anticipated opening of the new hospital in 2025 will include dedicated inpatient and outpatient/community rehabilitation departments. This role offers a diverse caseload, including opportunities in inpatient, outpatient, and community-based rehab. We also provide paid professional development time and financial support for relevant education, enabling you to continuously grow in your career.
- Experience working as a physiotherapist with adult populations in diverse settings, including acute care, outpatient, long-term care, and community is preferred.
- Master’s or baccalaureate degree in physiotherapy (BMR-PT) from an accredited Canadian university program or equivalent for internationally educated applicants.
- We provide supervision for those on provisional PT registration until they meet the CPM licensure by completing the exam (i.e. new grads)
- Registration or eligibility for registration on the Practicing Roster of the College of Physiotherapists of Manitoba (CPM) is required.
- Must have a valid Manitoba Class 5 driver’s license and own transportation.
- Eligible for membership with the Canadian Physiotherapy Association (CPA) is preferred.
Qualifications and Skills
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency in assessment, intervention, and consultation services.
- Ability to prioritize work, exercise independent judgment, and handle unusual matters effectively.
- Excellent relationship-building skills with staff, management, vendors, and agencies.
- Effective team player while also being capable of working independently.
- Excellent communication and education skills for diverse clients, caregivers, and healthcare professionals.
- Respect and promotion of cultural diversity.
- Demonstrated ability to meet the physical and mental demands of the job
Considering relocation? We offer a Relocation Bursary to support your transition:
- Out of Province: Up to $5000 for a 24-month Return of Service (ROS) agreement.
- North of 55 Latitude (Churchill/Thompson): Up to $3000 for a 24-month ROS agreement.
- Over 100 km outside the SH-SS region, including Winnipeg and Brandon: Up to $2000 for a 12-month ROS agreement.
Student Bursary for New Graduates
Recent graduate? Kickstart your career with our Student Bursary program:
- Southern Health-Santé Sud region: $4000 bursary with a one-year ROS agreement.
Discover Portage District General Hospital (PDGH)
Watch our informative video at https://vimeo.com/783061466 and explore the possibilities of working at PDGH. Gain insight into our culture, facilities, and the rewarding experience of being part of our team.
Important Employment Requirements:
As part of our commitment to providing a safe and secure environment, all successful candidates are required to complete and maintain a satisfactory Criminal Record Check, Vulnerable Sector Search, Adult Abuse Registry Check, and Child Abuse Registry Check, as applicable.
We prioritize our staff and patients’ health and safety. Therefore, all healthcare workers are required to be immunized in accordance with Southern Health-Santé Sud policy.
We look forward to welcoming dedicated professionals like you to our team and providing exceptional healthcare services to the community.