Requisition ID: 337486
Posting End Date: Open Untill Filled
City: Swan River
Site: Shared Health
Work Location: Swan Valley Health Facilities
Department / Unit: Pharmacy
Posting Category: Clinical
Anticipated Start Date: ASAP
Anticipated Shift: Days; Evenings
Annual Base Hours: 1950 / 2015
Salary: $45.510- $56. 47
Swan River, Manitoba
Swan River is a town located in the Swan Valley region of Manitoba, established in 1900. It has a rich history and friendly residents, and it is surrounded by majestic hills and rolling agricultural plains. It offers recreational opportunities such as lakes and forested trails, as well as urban amenities, affordable living, and a strong sense of community. It is a perfect balance of natural beauty and modern living.
As a regional staff pharmacist, you will have the chance to serve the healthcare needs of residents in Swan River and surrounding areas. Join us in providing exceptional pharmaceutical care and contributing to the well-being of this vibrant community.
- Clinical pharmacy services: Monitor patients’ drug therapies, identify medication-related issues, and provide appropriate interventions. Counsel patients on medication usage.
- Policy formulation and implementation: Collaborate with the Director of Pharmacy or Manager of Pharmacy to develop and revise pharmacy policies and procedures.
- Drug distribution: Dispense medications, including compounding, using various distribution models.
- Medication order review: Review medication orders for accuracy and appropriateness, ensuring compliance with dosage, frequency, and compatibility.
- Patient monitoring: Monitor patients’ clinical status and drug therapies, intervening when necessary for optimal outcomes.
- Supervision and verification: Provide direction to pharmacy assistants, students, and interns, verifying the accuracy of their tasks.
- A university degree in pharmacy and a period of supervised practical training are required.
- Eligible for and maintains licensure as a pharmacist in the Province of Manitoba
- Class 5 driver’s license and personal vehicle for service within Prairie Mountain Health
- Previous experience in a hospital pharmacy practice/healthcare setting Is preferred.
- Ability to work effectively with a culturally diverse population.