Employment Status: Permanent Full-Time
Reference Code: 2710
Closing Date: September 4, 2023
Location: Midhurst, Ontario
The Director functions as a member of the Long-Term Care and Seniors Services management team, and is accountable to represent and support the community programs in all dealings with the community, clients, families, volunteers, and employees and contracted service providers. The Director is responsible and accountable for the management, financial performance, facilities planning and management, operational planning, overall administration and operating results with regards to all community programs operated within the County of Simcoe Long-Term Care and Seniors Services Department. These Programs include a broad range of senior housing options and community support services. The Director is also responsible to manage all leased housing and commercial spaces located at the various County Long Term Care locations and within the community with the support of the County’s Real Estate Team. This position also oversees the county’s age-friendly community planning and multi-year positive aging strategy. The position is responsible for developing, implementing, and updating Community Program policies, procedures, guidelines and services, manages all seniors’ services operations and activities to ensure quality services and sustainable financial strength.
- A minimum of seven (7) years experience in progressively responsible related positions, preferably in a seniors care settings and community programs, including a minimum of two (2) years’ experience in a senior management position.
- Experience in the leadership and supervision of staff and the administration of employment policies and collective agreements.
- Experience in marketing and sales in seniors housing and services is preferred
- Highly developed knowledge and skills in a senior management and health care principles, knowledge of the Retirement Homes Act, coupled preferably with a health related degree/diploma and/or equivalent education.
- Masters Degree in Administration, Business or a Health related field would be considered an asset.
- Excellent leadership and supervisory skills and ability to interpret and apply employment policies and collective agreements.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills.
- Highly developed planning and organizational skills.
- Highly developed time management and multi-tasking skills.
- Criminal Records Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening that is less than six (6) months old at time of hire.
- As a condition of employment, candidates are required to submit documented results of TB testing, as per Public Health requirements.
$133,916.00 – $162,908.00 per annum
View the job description in its entirety and submit your application online at