Southern Health, Portage La Prairie, Manitoba
Healthier people. Healthier communities. Thriving together.
Is this a vision you can see yourself supporting through your expertise and passion for speech-language pathology? If so, we invite you to apply today! We have an opening for an Audiologist at Portage District General Hospital (PDGH), part of Southern Health-Santé Sud, a regional health authority located in rural, picturesque southern Manitoba. In this full-time, permanent role, working primarily with pediatric clients, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- work autonomously while collaborating with a talented inter-disciplinary team
- work in partnership with a regional group in development of a proposal to provide local services related to central auditory processing
- direct the work of Audiology Assistants and oversee the Universal Newborn Hearing screening program within the PDGH site and surrounding area
- anticipate working in a new Children and Youth rehabilitation space, with a new hospital slated for opening in 2025
- receive generous compensation of $78 to 99K+ annually along with a comprehensive pension and benefits package
- achieve work/life balance from a Monday through Friday schedule and 15 days of vacation accrued in the first year
- benefit from professional development support and other incentives, e.g., relocation reimbursement, final-year master’s program incentive bonus
Portage La Prairie – “the City of Possibilities” – is located approximately 75 minutes west of Winnipeg and just a short drive to Lake Manitoba’s Delta Beach. Home to Island Park and Crescent Lake, you’ll enjoy numerous walking and biking trails, as well as Splash Island Water Park, a community favorite in the summer months. With numerous music and recreation events throughout the year, great places to shop and eat, charming museums and points of interest, there’s always something to do in “Portage”, as the locals call it. This area boasts some of the lowest cost of living in our already very affordable province!
If the above has piqued your interest, here are a few of the qualifications we’re looking for:
- Master’s Degree in Audiology from an accredited post-secondary institution
- Active registration with the College of Audiologists and Speech-Language Pathologists of Manitoba
- Eligibility for membership in Speech-Language and Audiology Canada
- Skilled ability in the assessment, identification, and treatment of clients of varying ages and with diverse diagnoses
- Strong organizational, decision-making, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent English language proficiency, both written and verbal
- Valid Manitoba Class 5 driver’s license
If you meet these requirements and want to be an integral part of healthcare transformation in Manitoba, visit the link below to learn more and apply today! Be sure to include a resume and cover letter letting us know why you would be the ideal candidate.
A full job description is available upon request. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.