Established in 1871, St. Boniface Hospital, located in Winnipeg, Manitoba, is home to Cardiac Sciences Manitoba which has consistently garnered top ratings for its quality, patient-centered care by the Canadian Institute for Health Information (CIHI).
Our mission? To serve Manitobans who face critical and complex conditions, with a renowned spirit of compassionate care and courageous innovation.
If you want to play an active part in achieving this mission by utilizing your skills and expertise as a Perfusionist, we invite you to apply to become part of our talented and life-giving, multidisciplinary team. In this full-time, permanent role, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- gain a broad range of clinical experiences working with adults (over 800 cases/yr.) mainly in the OR and Critical Care areas but also Cardiac, Emergency, and Women’s Health departments
- work closely with cardiac surgeons, anesthetists, cardiologists, and personnel from the cath lab and intensive care departments
- operate state-of-the-art equipment and perform Outpatient VAD assessment (Heartmate 3)
- support, mentor, and supervise perfusionist students
- contribute to and participate in various research opportunities
We offer generous compensation of $107-121K annually for this role, which includes a recruitment and retention incentive, ongoing support for education, a Monday through Friday daytime schedule, 15 days of vacation accrued in the first year, and a comprehensive pension and benefits package.
What’s Winnipeg got to offer? Known as “the Heart of the Continent”, Winnipeg boasts some of the lowest cost of living in the country, with affordable daycare and housing options. This thriving city has numerous parks, trails, and year-round recreational activities and is located less than 1-2 hours from cottage and beach country. There’s no shortage of places to shop and eat and there’s always a fair, festival, sporting event, or concert to attend. Winnipeg, ranked among the top 7 intelligent communities in the world by the Intelligent Community Forum (ICF), is home to the University of Manitoba and other top post-secondary institutions.
If the above has piqued your interest, these are some of the qualifications and requirements for the role:
- Graduate of an accredited Cardiovascular Perfusion Program (or nearing completion)
- Certified by the Canadian Society of Clinical Perfusion (CSCP) or the American Board of Cardiovascular Perfusion (ABCP) or eligible to apply
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact well with healthcare professionals at all levels
- Ability to adapt quickly to various types of clinical situations and work well under pressure
- Excellent English language proficiency, both written and verbal
- Willingness to provide on-call rotation for evenings and weekends and travel occasionally as required
If you meet these requirements and want to be an integral part of healthcare transformation in Manitoba, visit the link below to learn more and apply today! Be sure to include a resume and cover letter letting us know why you would be the ideal candidate.
A full job description is available upon request. For more information, email email@example.com.