Come work as an Occupational Therapist with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)! Relocation Assistance may be available.
Vancouver Coastal Health is hiring New Graduate Occupational Therapists into a variety of units and sites. Apply today and our Occupational Therapy Talent Acquisition Advisor will be in contact regarding opportunities in all of our areas of care, including:
- Community & Home Health
- Long Term Care
- Mental Health & Substance Use
- Rural & Remote
- And more!
As an Occupational Therapist with VCH, you will:
- Provide occupational therapy services to enable clients to achieve and maintain optimal health outcomes, by working independently and as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Perform assessments on client’s occupational performance utilizing an evidence-based approach.
- Plan and implement outcome oriented services, and evaluate the effectiveness of the services.
- Prepare and maintain records.
- Participate in interdisciplinary research.
- Demonstrate safe and effective resource utilization and quality management, and contribute to the development, review and promotion of occupational therapy services.
- As required, contribute to the organization and delivery of occupational therapy services, and participates in departmental/program quality improvement initiatives, meetings, research and education.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Occupational Therapy or Rehabilitation Sciences from a recognized program.
- Current full registration with the College of Occupational Therapists of British Columbia (COTBC).
- Candidates with current provisional registration or eligible for provisional registration will also be considered.
- Eligible for membership in the Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists (CAOT).
Knowledge & Abilities
- Broad knowledge of Occupational Therapy theory and practice within a client and family centred model of care.
- Broad knowledge of the COTBC standards of practice and guidelines for clinical practitioners.
- Broad knowledge of other health care disciplines and their role in client care.
- Basic knowledge of evidence-based clinical practice related to designated clinical area(s).
- Basic knowledge of occupational therapy standardised tests and measures.
- Basic knowledge of research process and methodology.
- Demonstrated ability to teach and empower clients to assume control over their health.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to unexpected events, problem-solve, set priorities and deal with conflict.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate (orally and in writing) and deal effectively with clients and their families, coworkers, physicians,
- other health care staff, and staff of external agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to provide effective consultation.
- Demonstrated ability to establish workload priorities in collaboration with others in a complex health care environment.
- Demonstrated ability to recognize when referral to another health care professional is required.
- Demonstrated skill in Occupational Therapy techniques and the use of applicable equipment and supplies.
- Demonstrated computer skills including the ability to effectively use a computerized client care information system.
- Demonstrated physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
As per the current Public Health Orders (Long Term Care/Seniors Assisted Living Provincial Health Officer Order and the Health Sector Order), as of October 26, 2021, all employees working for Vancouver Coastal Health must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Proof of vaccination status will be required.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world-class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and “going first” when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve, and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential to our goals of creating a great place to work and delivering exceptional care. We acknowledge and accommodate unique differences and ensure special measures are in place so that all prospective and current employees are given an opportunity to succeed.
We are committed to building a representative workforce and encourage applications reflecting diversity of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization or ancestry, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person.
Vancouver Coastal Health is proud to be recognized as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers in 2023.
Please note that a resume is required to apply to this posting.
Apply online today at careers.vch.ca.