Come work as a Physiotherapist with Vancouver Coastal Health in Penticton, BC! Relocation Assistance may be available.
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Physiotherapist to join the Mary Pack Arthritis Program in Penticton, BC.
Why Join Mary Pack Arthritis Program in Penticton?
Nestled between two lakes in the Okanagan, Penticton is a city that offers four seasons of outdoor activities. Bike trails extend up and down the valley on the KVR trail, also up into the hills for fantastic mountain bike riding. Penticton is home to Skaha Bluffs, world famous rock climbing. Our local ski hill, Apex, is world class. People enjoy water activities such as paddle boarding and kayaking on either lake. The city also has great public recreation amenities such as a large pool, theatre, and a modern event centre. Penticton is known for their exceptional restaurants, wineries and breweries. Penticton is also an excellent small city to raise a family in with access to a variety of sports and arts programming for children.
The small but supportive Mary Pack Arthritis Program (MPAP) team is comprised of 2 Physiotherapists, 2 Occupational Therapist and 2 Clerks. The MPAP team is connected to other sites in the province, located in Cranbrook, Victoria, and Vancouver. MPAP is a centre of excellence where we specialize in care for clients with rheumatic conditions and arthritis including, but not limited to, inflammatory arthritis and rare conditions such as myositis. MPAP values life long professional development, starting off with robust onboarding and access to education funds and opportunities. You will also be supported by a Practice Coordinator and Clinical Resource Therapist dedicated to MPAP. We treat in an outpatient setting with short courses of care with an emphasis on self-management while supporting your autonomy in your Physiotherapy approach to patient care. This would be a great opportunity for anyone who is interested in a Musculoskeletal Outpatient Physiotherapy setting, working in a tight-knit interdisciplinary team of allied health professionals.
The position is for 0.80 FTE leaving a day to play or to enjoy shorter work days throughout the work week. Apply today to join our team!
As a Physiotherapist with VCH, you will:
- Provide physiotherapy services to enable clients to achieve and maintain optimal health outcomes, by working independently and as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Perform assessments on client’s physical status, functional abilities and needs and goals, establish a physiotherapy diagnosis and prognosis, develop and implement an intervention strategy, evaluate the effectiveness of the intervention, and communicate with the client/family and health care team members.
- Contribute to the organization and delivery of physiotherapy services, and participate in departmental/program quality assurance initiatives, meetings, research, and education.
Education & Experience
- Current full registration with the College of Physical Therapists of BC (CPTBC).
- Eligible for membership in the Physiotherapy Association of British Columbia (PABC).
Knowledge & Abilities
- Broad knowledge of Physiotherapy theory and practice within a client and family centred model of care.
- Broad knowledge of the CPTBC standards of practice and guidelines for clinical practitioners.
- Broad knowledge of other health care disciplines and their role in client care.
- Basic knowledge of evidence-based clinical practice related to designated clinical area(s).
- Basic knowledge of physiotherapy standardised tests and measures.
- Basic knowledge of research process and methodology.
- Demonstrated ability to teach and empower clients to assume control over their health.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to unexpected events, problem-solve, set priorities and deal with conflict.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate (orally and in writing) and deal effectively with clients and their families, coworkers, physicians, other health care staff, and staff of external agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to provide effective consultation.
- Demonstrated ability to establish workload priorities in collaboration with others in a complex health care environment.
- Demonstrated ability to recognize when referral to another health care professional is required.
- Demonstrated skill in Physiotherapy techniques and the use of applicable equipment and supplies.
- Demonstrated computer skills including the ability to effectively use a computerized client care information system.
- Demonstrated physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
As per the current Public Health Orders (Long Term Care/Seniors Assisted Living Provincial Health Officer Order and the Health Sector Order), as of October 26, 2021, all employees working for Vancouver Coastal Health must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Proof of vaccination status will be required.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world-class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and “going first” when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve, and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential to our goals of creating a great place to work and delivering exceptional care. We acknowledge and accommodate unique differences and ensure special measures are in place so that all prospective and current employees are given an opportunity to succeed.
We are committed to building a representative workforce and encourage applications reflecting diversity of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization or ancestry, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person.
Vancouver Coastal Health is proud to be recognized as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers in 2023.
Please note that a resume is required to apply to this posting.
Apply online today at careers.vch.ca.