Come work as a Physiotherapist with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH). Relocation Assistance may be available.
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Physiotherapist to join the Home Health team working out of the Evergreen Community Health Centre and various Home Health sites in Vancouver, BC. Apply today to join our team!
As a Physiotherapist you will:
- Work without general supervisor, and plan, deliver, evaluate and provide care coordination to address the needs of clients and families experiencing physical impairment and acute/chronic disease within community, ambulatory and institutional settings.
- Collaborate with family members or significant others, inter-disciplinary team members, educational resources and other health care professionals/providers to address the client’s functional/physical/social/cognitive/perceptual/environmental needs to maximize capabilities, community participation, recovery from, or adaptation to, illness/impairment and achieve excellence in health services and education.
- Contribute to the organization and the delivery of physiotherapy services by participating in program quality assurance initiatives, meetings, research and education.
ABOUT HOME HEALTH PROGRAMS:
Home Health programs provide a range of health care and support services to people living in the community who have acute, chronic, palliative or rehabilitative health care needs.
THE CLIENT POPULATION:
Home Health clients typically have on-going health issues and/or complex personal and/or social issues, requiring care planning and coordination of appropriate resources. Clients include frail elderly, younger clients with disabilities, and adults with chronic illnesses requiring supports to maintain/promote independence. Evergreen serves the northeast part of the city including the Cedar Cottage, Hastings-Sunrise and Renfrew-Collingwood neighbourhoods.
Education & Experience
- Degree in physiotherapy or rehabilitation medicine.
- Current full registration with the College of Physical Therapists of BC (CPTBC).
- Eligible for membership in the Physiotherapy Association of British Columbia (PABC).
- As required, valid BC Driver’s License. Local travel requires the use of a personal vehicle.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Basic knowledge of evidence-based clinical practice related to designated program/area.
- Basic knowledge of physiotherapy standardized tests and measures.
- Broad knowledge of physiotherapy theory and practice within a client and family centred model of care.
- Basic knowledge of research process and methodology.
- Broad knowledge of other health care disciplines and their role in client care.
- Demonstrated ability to function as an effective team member.
- Demonstrated ability to teach and empower clients to assume control over their health.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with co-workers and clients both one-on-one and in groups.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in collaboration with others.
- Demonstrated ability to provide effective consultation.
- Demonstrated ability to establish workload priorities in collaboration with others in a complex health care environment.
- Demonstrated ability to recognize when referral to another health care professional is required.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Skill in the use of equipment and in the techniques appropriate to physiotherapy treatment.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
As per the current Public Health Orders (Long Term Care/Seniors Assisted Living Provincial Health Officer Order and the Health Sector Order), as of October 26, 2021, all employees working for Vancouver Coastal Health must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Proof of vaccination status will be required.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world-class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and “going first” when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve, and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential to our goals of creating a great place to work and delivering exceptional care. We acknowledge and accommodate unique differences and ensure special measures are in place so that all prospective and current employees are given an opportunity to succeed.
We are committed to building a representative workforce and encourage applications reflecting diversity of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization or ancestry, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person.
Vancouver Coastal Health is proud to be recognized as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers in 2023.
Please note that a resume is required to apply to this posting.
Apply online today at careers.vch.ca.