Come work as a Physiotherapist with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)! Relocation Assistance may be available.
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Physiotherapist to join the Long Term Care team at Dogwood Lodge in Vancouver, BC. Apply today to join our team!
As a Physiotherapist working in Long Term Care you will:
- Work without general supervision to plan, deliver, evaluate and provide care to address the needs of the residents and families experiencing physical impairment and acute/chronic disease within the facility settings.
- Collaborate with family members or significant others, multidisciplinary team members, educational resources and other health care professionals to address the resident’s functional/ physical/social/cognitive/perceptual/environmental needs to maximize capabilities, community participation, recovery from or adaptation to illness/impairment and achieve excellence in health services and education.
- Provide work direction for Activity Workers and the Rehabilitation Assistant to ensure activities and events are planned, implemented and evaluated on an ongoing basis to facilitate a quality long term care living environment.
Education & Experience
- Degree in Physiotherapy or Rehabilitation Medicine from a recognized program.
- Current full registration with the College of Physical Therapists of BC (CPTBC).
- Eligible for membership in the Physiotherapy Association of British Columbia (PABC).
Knowledge & Abilities
- Basic knowledge of evidence-based clinical practice related to designated program/area.
- Basic knowledge of physiotherapy standardized tests and measures.
- Broad knowledge of physiotherapy theory and practice within a resident and family centred model of care.
- Broad knowledge of other health care disciplines and their role in resident care.
- Demonstrated ability to function as an effective team member.
- Demonstrated ability to teach and empower residents to assume control over their health.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with co-workers and residents both one-on-one and in groups.
- Basic knowledge of research process and methodology.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in collaboration with others.
- Demonstrated ability to provide effective consultation.
- Demonstrated ability to establish workload priorities in collaboration with others in a complex health care environment.
- Demonstrated ability to recognize when referral to another health care professional is required.
- Basic computer literacy.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
As per the current Public Health Orders (Long Term Care/Seniors Assisted Living Provincial Health Officer Order and the Health Sector Order), as of October 26, 2021, all employees working for Vancouver Coastal Health must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Proof of vaccination status will be required.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world-class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and “going first” when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve, and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential to our goals of creating a great place to work and delivering exceptional care. We acknowledge and accommodate unique differences and ensure special measures are in place so that all prospective and current employees are given an opportunity to succeed.
We are committed to building a representative workforce and encourage applications reflecting diversity of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization or ancestry, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person.
Vancouver Coastal Health is proud to be recognized as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers in 2023.
Please note that a resume is required to apply to this posting.
Apply online today at careers.vch.ca.