Come work as a Registered Nurse with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Registered Nurse to join the Chest Centre in the Thoracic Respiratory Unit at Vancouver General Hospital. Apply today to join our team!
As a Registered Nurse with VCH you will:
- Provide nursing care to assigned clients both by working independently and as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Enhance quality of life from the perspective of the client/family.
- Consult, confer, and collaborate with other health care givers.
- Demonstrate expertise and leadership in nursing practice.
- Maintain and advance clinical competence.
- Participate on designated hospital committees/teams and approved research projects as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Completion of a recognized advanced program in high acuity medical/surgical nursing or two years’ recent acute medical/surgical experience.
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
Knowledge & Abilities
- Broad knowledge of nursing theory and practice within a client/family centred model of care.
- Broad knowledge of BCCNP standards for nursing practice.
- Demonstrated ability in nursing practice related to designated client group.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and implement plans of care in relation to client/family priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to assess client responses to care, and to respond appropriately.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to new or unexpected events.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with conflict situations.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate orally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with, and deal effectively with, clients and their families, coworkers, physicians, other health care staff, and staff of outside agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to counsel and teach clients and their families based on their priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership and work direction.
- Demonstrated physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Demonstrated skill in the use of medical equipment and supplies appropriate to the clinical area.
- Demonstrated skill in CPR techniques.
- Demonstrated skill in techniques appropriate to the clinical area.
- Basic computer literacy to operate a computerized patient care information system.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
As per the current Public Health Orders (Long Term Care/Seniors Assisted Living Provincial Health Officer Order and the Health Sector Order), as of October 26, 2021, all employees working for Vancouver Coastal Health must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Proof of vaccination status will be required.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and “going first” when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential to our goals of creating a great place to work and delivering exceptional care. We acknowledge and accommodate unique differences and ensure special measures are in place so that all prospective and current employees are given an opportunity to succeed.
We are committed to building a representative workforce and encourage applications reflecting diversity of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization or ancestry, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person.
Vancouver Coastal Health is proud to be recognized as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers in 2023.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.