Come work as a Rehabilitation Assistant with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)! Relocation Assistance may be available.
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Rehabilitation Assistant to join the team at Bella Coola General Hospital. Apply today to join our team!
As a Rehabilitation Assistant you will:
- Work closely with the Occupational Therapy and Physiotherapy Practice Coordinators, and designated Occupational Therapist/Physiotherapist to carry out established rehabilitative activities in both occupational therapy (OT) and physiotherapy (PT) scope of practices.
- Support the team with duties such as:
- receiving assignments and implementing lower risk interventions related to the clinical aspects of OT/PT care plans,
- demonstrating and teaching activities,
- adapting devices to enable patients/clients/residents to maximize their potential for independence,
- providing functional direction to patient/client/residents and family,
- assisting with practicing daily living skills.
- Report relevant observations of patient/client/resident progress and behaviours.
- Provide direction to volunteers, organizes and cleans equipment and supplies for activities, and maintain established inventory of supplies.
ABOUT BELLA COOLA, BC:
Bella Coola sits in a mountain valley at the head of the North Bentinck Channel, 500 km north of Vancouver, with a population of about 1800 people. The community is at the end of a long, truly magnificent fjord, on the mainland coast of British Columbia. Bella Coola General Hospital has 10 acute bed, 5 residential beds and a 3 bed emergency department open 24/7, along with a laboratory, diagnostic imaging services, Telehealth, Mental Health, Public Health, Home & Community Support Services. Also within the hospital are a medical clinic and a pharmacy.
Education & Experience
- Completion of a recognized Rehabilitation Assistant Program.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
As per the current Public Health Orders (Long Term Care/Seniors Assisted Living Provincial Health Officer Order and the Health Sector Order), as of October 26, 2021, all employees working for Vancouver Coastal Health must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Proof of vaccination status will be required.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world-class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and “going first” when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve, and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential to our goals of creating a great place to work and delivering exceptional care. We acknowledge and accommodate unique differences and ensure special measures are in place so that all prospective and current employees are given an opportunity to succeed.
We are committed to building a representative workforce and encourage applications reflecting diversity of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization or ancestry, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person.
Vancouver Coastal Health is proud to be recognized as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers in 2023.
Please note that a resume is required to apply to this posting.
Apply online today at careers.vch.ca.