Come work as a Respiratory Therapy Clinical Educator with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Respiratory Therapy Clinical Educator to join the team at Dogwood Lodge in Vancouver, BC. Apply today to join our team!
As a Respiratory Therapy Clinical Educator at Vancouver Coastal Health you will:
- Provide clinical and educational support to respiratory therapy staff within Vancouver General Hospital, UBC Hospital, George Pearson Center, and G.F. Strong Rehabilitation Centre and performs related respiratory therapy duties.
- Plan, implement and evaluate educational programs and equipment.
- Provide training in Respiratory Therapy practices including modifying techniques and equipment, assisting with the development of new clinical practices and providing staff with information on new or changed therapeutic procedures and practices.
- Consult, confer and collaborate with other health care providers regarding patient’s clinical concerns or requirements.
- Gather information for ongoing improvement of respiratory services.
- Demonstrate expertise and leadership in respiratory therapy services.
Education & Experience
- Graduation from an accredited Respiratory Therapy Program and successful completion of the Health Professionals Testing Canada Credentialing Exam.
- Eligible for and suggested membership with the Canadian Society of Respiratory Therapists and BC Society of Respiratory Therapists.
- Four (4) years’ recent, related experience in an acute care setting.
- Completion of a professional instructional program for teaching or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Comprehensive knowledge of organization policies, procedures, and standards of care.
- Comprehensive knowledge of respiratory theory and practice within a client and family centred model of care.
- Broad knowledge of the standards of practice and guidelines for clinical practitioners established by BC Society of Respiratory Therapists.
- Broad knowledge of other health care disciplines and their role in client care.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, coach, facilitate and teach.
- Demonstrated ability to promote a creative learning environment.
- Demonstrated ability to promote a culture of enquiry and evidence based practice.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with, and deal effectively with, co-workers, physicians, other health care staff, patients and their families, and outside agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize and prioritize work.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Demonstrated skill in CPR techniques.
- Computer literacy with word processing, spreadsheet and database skills.
- Demonstrated ability to operate related equipment.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
As per the current Public Health Orders (Long Term Care/Seniors Assisted Living Provincial Health Officer Order and the Health Sector Order), as of October 26, 2021, all employees working for Vancouver Coastal Health must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Proof of vaccination status will be required.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and “going first” when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential to our goals of creating a great place to work and delivering exceptional care. We acknowledge and accommodate unique differences and ensure special measures are in place so that all prospective and current employees are given an opportunity to succeed.
We are committed to building a representative workforce and encourage applications reflecting diversity of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization or ancestry, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person.
Vancouver Coastal Health is proud to be recognized as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers in 2023.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.