Come work as a Clinical Audiologist with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)! **Relocation Assistance may be available**
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Clinical Audiologist Supervisor to join the Audiology team in Squamish, BC Apply today to join our team!
As a Supervisor-Clinical Audiologist with VCH you will:
- Be responsible for the overall management and clinical direction of the Audiology Clinic and supervise a staff of up to two (2) FTE audiology support personnel.
- Provide clinical expertise and organize and coordinate clinical treatment of clients and assume a client caseload to promote quality client centered care.
- Performs clinical audiology service including screening, assessment, diagnosis, treatment, and consultation for children (0 to 19 years of age), and adults with developmental disabilities who are suspected of having a hearing disorder.
- Determine and plan workforce structures and establishes departmental goals and objectives in accordance with the organization and in partnership with the integrated leadership team.
- Facilitate resolutions to work problems and issues, coordinate workloads and evaluate employee performance.
Education & Experience
- Master’s degree in Audiology from a recognized program.
- Current full registration with the College of Speech and Hearing Professionals of British Columbia as an Audiologist (RAUD) and Hearing Instrument Practitioner (RHIP).
- Two (2) years recent related experience working as a pediatric audiologist, as well as experience in an administrative / supervisory position, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Valid BC Drivers License. Local area travel requires the use of a personal vehicle.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Knowledge of the principles, practices, and procedures of audiology.
- Knowledge of community development and health promotion principles and practices
- Ability to analyze issues and problem solve
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize work
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Ability to express ideas effectively in written and oral form
- Ability to be sensitive, tactful and diplomatic with clients and public
- Ability to evaluate and develop policies, procedures and processes
- Ability to develop health education material
- Ability to identify community resources appropriate to client needs
- Ability to use related equipment
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Access to a vehicle for local area travel
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
As per the current Public Health Orders (Long Term Care/Seniors Assisted Living Provincial Health Officer Order and the Health Sector Order), as of October 26, 2021, all employees working for Vancouver Coastal Health must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Proof of vaccination status will be required.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world-class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and “going first” when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve, and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential to our goals of creating a great place to work and delivering exceptional care. We acknowledge and accommodate unique differences and ensure special measures are in place so that all prospective and current employees are given an opportunity to succeed.
We are committed to building a representative workforce and encourage applications reflecting diversity of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization or ancestry, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person.
Vancouver Coastal Health is proud to be recognized as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers in 2023.
Please note that a resume is required to apply to this posting.
Apply online today at careers.vch.ca.