Fraser Health (FH) is responsible for the delivery of hospital and community-based health services to over 1.9 million people in 20 diverse communities from Burnaby to Fraser Canyon on the traditional territories of the Coast Salish and Nlaka’pamux Nations. The Fraser region is home to 32 First Nations communities and 6 Métis Chartered communities. Our team of nearly 45,000 staff, medical staff and volunteers is dedicated to serving our patients, families and communities to deliver on our vision: better health, best in health care.
The Senior Director of Consulting and Analytics is seeking a results-driven leader for a new Director of Analytics role within the Centre for Advanced Analytics, Data Science and Innovation (CAADSI) portfolio at FH. The Director will be leading analytics optimization in acute, community and data enterprise modelling. This unique opportunity supports a growing team in an evolving environment with changing systems and allows for key partnerships with the Ministry of Health, BC Health Authorities and business partners.
Our ideal candidate is a clear, caring and courageous leader that brings a strong business acumen, a strategic methodology, healthcare project implementation experience and technical analytics skills. They will manage a team of senior data analysts in driving innovation while demonstrating best practices to ensure a compliant organization. This leader will be an advocate for continuous improvement and an agile frontrunner capable of managing both transactional deliverables and team development.
The Director is accountable for:
- Leading the integration and management of administrative, clinical and corporate information across FH in accordance with external and internal requirements supported by performance metrics;
- Directing the definition and implementation of standardized reporting and data capture practices with identification of various sources, the most appropriate and efficient means of collecting data, consistent processes for analysis, summarization and presentation for optimum value to different users across FH;
- Providing effective project management, modeling, analytical and process improvement support to clinical and operational staff to improve the flow of patients across the care continuum, quality of care, and overall system performance;
- Managing a team of professional CAADSI staff to facilitate an agile lifecycle of production, dissemination and application of customized and scalable performance reports;
- Executing best practices and standards around modern analytics and reporting techniques, in alignment with strategic direction from Senior Leadership and generation of insights and recommendations to drive systematic change;
- Collaborating with other CAADSI leaders to create and adopt frameworks while ensuring capability for monitoring and reporting the impact of improvements in system performance, and the impact on population health and outcomes; and
- Advancing the development and application of new analytical tools, techniques and models to address operational and system challenges in support of performance improvement.
The successful candidate will have:
- Post-secondary education in Computer Science, Statistics, Health Services Administration or Business Administration.
- Progressive complex leadership roles with strategy and service planning responsibilities.
- Expertise in managing projects and initiatives, applying quantitative and qualitative approaches, and utilizing technical analytical tools for planning activities and performance improvement opportunities.
- Proficiency in interacting with clinical, operational and leadership partners.
- Hands-on analytical experience within the healthcare sector is ideal.
- Expertise in operations research, quantitative modeling and lean improvement techniques are an asset.
If you have any questions, or are interested in learning more about this rewarding opportunity with Fraser Health, please email Swetlana Patnaik, Client Partner of Executive and Senior Leadership Acquisition at email@example.com.
Fraser Health values diversity in the work force and strives to maintain an environment of Respect, Caring & Trust. Fraser Health’s hiring practices aspire to ensure all individuals are treated in an inclusive, equitable, and culturally safe manner.