Fraser Health (FH) is responsible for the delivery of hospital and community-based health services to over 1.9 million people in 20 diverse communities from Burnaby to Fraser Canyon on the traditional territories of the Coast Salish and Nlaka’pamux Nations. The Fraser region is home to 32 First Nations communities and 6 Métis Chartered communities. Our team of nearly 45,000 staff, medical staff and volunteers is dedicated to serving our patients, families and communities to deliver on our vision: better health, best in health care.
The Senior Director is seeking a results-driven leader for the new Director of Data Engineering role at FH. In support of strategic organizational data-driven initiatives, the Director will lead the development and execution of a data management strategy which defines a modern data architecture and technology stack. This impactful leadership opportunity will develop a collaborative team of Senior Data Engineers and Data Engineers in engaging with data scientists, analysts, and other teams to provide access to high-quality data and support cross-functional data initiatives.
The vision for CAADSI is to be national leaders in digitally transforming healthcare, prioritizing exceptional experiences for patients and providers, revolutionizing care delivery and harnessing the power of virtual care for a seamless, equitable and easily accessible high quality health system.
Our ideal candidate is a clear, caring and courageous leader that brings expertise in data architecture standards and guidelines, a strategic methodology, healthcare project implementation experience and technical data management skills. As a seasoned professional, the Director brings a polished approach to presenting updates and reports on data engineering projects along with their impact to partners. This leader will be an advocate for continuous improvement, a driver of innovation in data engineering practices and an agile mentor capable of delivering both transactional outcomes and team development.
The Director is accountable for:
- Leading the technical architecture, design, development and testing for FH’s advanced analytics products while overseeing the technical data management team in corporate, clinical and community based analytics;
- Managing intersections with parties to ensure diligent change control across interdependent systems while delivering data analytics initiatives by effectively working with business partners, source system teams, project managers and IT staff;
- Managing the data storage, ingestion of data, access and retrieval for analytics and reporting as well as optimizing data engineering technologies and processes for efficiency and scalability;
- Evaluating and selecting appropriate tools and technologies for data engineering projects while planning and allocating resources effectively to meet project deadlines and objectives;
- Ensuring data engineering practices align with business continuity plans;
- Working with provincial committees and communicating with stakeholders to understand data requirements and provide insights;
- Overseeing staff and contractors with clear definitions of responsibility and reviewing workload assignments and conducting performance reviews while creating an environment of growth and development; and
- Recruiting staff and contractors by identifying vacancies and making hiring decisions to ensure goals and objectives of the department are met.
The successful candidate will have:
- Post-secondary education in Computer Science or related discipline;
- Expertise in data engineering approaches, implementations and techniques;
- Progressive senior leadership and management experience; or
- An equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
If you have any questions, or are interested in learning more about this rewarding opportunity with Fraser Health, please email Swetlana Patnaik, Client Partner of Executive and Senior Leadership Acquisition at email@example.com.
Fraser Health values diversity in the work force and strives to maintain an environment of Respect, Caring & Trust. Fraser Health’s hiring practices aspire to ensure all individuals are treated in an inclusive, equitable, and culturally safe manner.