Fraser Health (FH) is responsible for the delivery of hospital and community-based health services to over 1.9 million people in 20 diverse communities from Burnaby to Fraser Canyon on the traditional territories of the Coast Salish and Nlaka’pamux Nations. The Fraser region is home to 32 First Nations communities and 6 Métis Chartered communities. Our team of nearly 45,000 staff, medical staff and volunteers is dedicated to serving our patients, families and communities to deliver on our vision: better health, best in health care.
We are seeking a relationship-orientated and results-driven Executive Director, Langley Health Services & Langley Memorial Hospital (LMH), to lead an integrated and dedicated health services team, both on site and within the Langley region. With a focus on expanding and strengthening partnerships across Fraser Health, the Executive Director will develop decision-making processes and establish innovative strategic plans for the Langley Health Services community and Langley Memorial Hospital, including the smooth transition and integration of services for patients, residents, and clients in the region.
The Executive Director will oversee the system design, implementation and sustainability of health services, and will actively identify objectives and develop plans, programs and services that maximize resources and support patient-focused, integrative, care across community and hospital settings. By building an environment of trust and mutual respect, the Executive Director will be directly involved in ensuring a seamless system of care.
Reporting to the Vice President, Community Hospitals and Health Services, the Executive Director, Langley Health Services & LMH will be a clear, caring and courageous leader who champions change by creating agile plans and strategies that inspire teams to move forward in partnership, and with shared purpose and intention. As part of the senior management team, the successful candidate will bring an evidence-based approach to healthcare, promote cultural safety, encourage new health care initiatives and programs, and champion quality and service in public health.
The Executive Director is accountable for:
- Fostering an environment of trust and mutual respect with all stakeholders, including site leadership, frontline staff, medical staff, and community leaders;
- Participating in the strategic planning, future visioning, goal setting and decision-making processes for the Langley Health Service community and its integration with LMH and other partnerships across the Fraser Health region;
- Identifying short, medium and long-term objectives, plans, programs and services, assessing options, and making recommendations for strategic and operational decisions;
- Representing Fraser Health, LMH and Langley Health Services, and maintaining effective relationships with municipal leaders, and operational and community partners, through regular updates and discussions, ensuring partners are informed and included in consultations and discussions;
- Overseeing the annual operating and capital budget for LMH and the Langley Health Services area, and working within approved financial mandates to recommend and establishes program/service priorities;
- Identifying and reviewing proposals for new or expanded programs following a system and team based approach; monitors evaluation of existing programs to ensure effective resource allocation and/or the development of new funding sources.
The successful candidate will have:
- Master’s Degree in a relevant health related field; and
- Ten (10) to fifteen (15) years’ experience in progressively senior management, including leadership in a large health care organization;
- An equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
If you have any questions, or are interested in learning more about this rewarding opportunity with Fraser Health, please email Paul Phillips, Lead, Physician Recruitment, Executive and Senior Leadership Acquisition, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fraser Health values diversity in the work force and strives to maintain an environment of Respect, Caring & Trust. Fraser Health’s hiring practices aspire to ensure all individuals are treated in an inclusive, equitable, and culturally safe manner.