Competition #2023-602 (PIPSC Bargaining Unit)
Term Full Time Position – (1.0 FTE)
November 13, 2023 – January 4, 2025
This position is at the L09 level with an hourly pay range of $41.15 to $54.97
Are you looking to be part of an exceptional and passionate health care team in one of Canada’s most spectacular natural environments with vast and stunning wilderness at your doorstep?
Yukon Hospitals strives to cultivate an environment of passionate and engaged people with a culture that values growth, work/life balance, and wellness in helping all our people reach optimal ability. Our organization is an integrated system of hospitals: Whitehorse General Hospital (58 beds), Watson Lake Community Hospital (6 beds) and Dawson City Community Hospital (6 beds).
Reporting to the Director, Nursing, the incumbent is responsible for developing, coordinating and providing educational programs to maintain and improve competencies of clinical care providers. The incumbent, in collaboration with Director, Nursing, Facility Administrators of Dawson City and Watson Lake Community Hospitals, and Clinical Care Managers is responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating the delivery of nursing care and nursing education. The incumbent, in collaboration with the Staff Development Coordinator, is also responsible for facilitating and coordinating mentoring of new nursing employees and preceptoring of clinical nursing students.
Knowledge and Skills required for this position are as follows:
- Knowledge and demonstrated application of adult learning principles and practices;
- Knowledge of present and emerging education delivery models;
- Knowledge of established and evidence based best practices and procedures of nursing care;
- Knowledge of trends and developments in the nursing field;
- Ability to develop, implement and evaluate an orientation/education program within a hospital, including needs assessment, training techniques and course development;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a variety of teams, groups and individuals;
- Demonstrated ability to critically appraise practice related to nursing practice standards;
- Demonstrated leadership skills;
- Demonstrated computer literacy
- Demonstrated effective organization skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Excellent presentation skills;
- Excellent oral, written and verbal communication skills;
- Cross-cultural awareness;
- Advocacy and Assertiveness skills;
The successful applicant will have a Baccalaureate/Diploma in Nursing, current registration with the Yukon Registered Nurses Association, and current CPR instructor and Advanced Cardiac Support [ACLS] instructor certification, Five years clinical nursing experience in an acute care setting at a senior supervisory level and One to two years’ experience as an educator/instructor; training & development; An equivalent combination of training and/or experience may be considered. A Master’s degree in Nursing Adult Education and Current certification in theories/principles of adult teaching and learning are desired. This position may be required to travel to Watson Lake and Dawson City
|· Comprehensive Benefits Package||· Relocation Allowance
· Generous Vacation Time
|· Pension Plan|
TO APPLY: Quoting competition #2023-602, please e-mail your resume by 4:00 p.m. November 9, 2023 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, contact recruitment at email@example.com
Indigenous Workforce Initiative – We are committed to having a diverse and representative workforce that reflects the community we serve. When applying to YHC Career Opportunities, we invite you to voluntarily self-identify in the email body of your application. Please do so in whatever manner you feel accurately reflects who you are. You will then be connected with Yukon Hospitals’ Indigenous Workforce Initiative (IWI), where you can receive support with application materials, hear about additional training or mentorship opportunities, and ask any questions you have. All self-identification information will remain confidential. You are also welcome to contact IWI supports before submitting your application at IWI@wgh.yk.ca or call 867-332-7203.
Yukon Hospital Corporation is committed to employment equity. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, however, only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted. Unfortunately, at this time, we are unable to consider resumes from International applicants. Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada in order to apply, i.e. have Landed Immigrant Status, Work Visa, or be a Canadian Citizen.