Who we are
London Health Sciences Centre (LHSC) is a world-class academic health sciences centre located in the southwestern Ontario city of London. Just two hours from Toronto and two hours from Detroit, London features a beautiful and walkable downtown core located on the Thames River, a vibrant culinary scene and scores of activities that highlight local arts, culture and music. As one of Canada’s largest hospitals, LHSC is a world-class innovator in clinical care, research and teaching, delivering both local and regional services, including the Children’s Hospital, within a large geographic area. LHSC has a workforce of close to 15,000, dedicated to delivering the highest quality patient care while working together to shape the future of health. Medical Imaging is an integrated subspecialty based academic department across London Health Sciences Centre, Victoria Hospital and University Hospital committed to providing quality-driven patient care. Our multidisciplinary team integrated by 352 staff, 40 Radiologists and Nuclear Medicine Physicians serve clients in Southwestern Ontario, across Canada and internationally with highly specialized imaging in neurology stroke, pediatrics, high risk obstetrical, orthopedic and cardiac imaging. We believe in transformational knowledge, quality improvement and healthcare excellence.
Reporting to the Manager MRI/CT and under the supervision of the duty Radiologist, the Medical Radiation Technologist is responsible for performing radiological procedures and applying prescribed ionizing radiation as requested by clinical consultants for the diagnosis of disease. The Medical Radiation Technologist ensures that patient care and comfort are maintained at all times and utilizes appropriate protective measures to minimize potential hazards due to radiation. The Medical Radiation Technologist will participate in the training of student technologists.
Rate of Pay: $35.77 – $48.78 per hour
- Current registration with the College of Medical Radiation & Imaging Technologists of Ontario
- Member of Canadian Association of Medical Radiation Technologists (preferred)
- Minimum of six (6) months previous CT experience
- Demonstrated skills and knowledge in CT procedures and post-processing of images
- Ability to perform IV insertions and inject CT contrast
- Cerner, AGFA PACS experience preferred
- Demonstrated skills and knowledge in radiology procedures
- Demonstrated excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated effective organizational skills involving time management and prioritization
- Demonstrated ability to manage change in a dynamic environment
- Demonstrated commitment to professional development and self-directed learning
- Demonstrated practice and commitment to the principles of patient and family centered care
- Demonstrated practice and commitment to patient and staff safety at LHSC
- Demonstrated practice and commitment to LHSC’s Mission, Vision and Values
- Demonstrated ability to attend work on a regular basis
Before beginning employment at LHSC, all new hires will be required to:
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps, rubella and varicella (chicken pox), Hepatitis B, Tetanus/ Diphtheria/Polio; Meningitis;
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing (two step);
- Provide proof of Health Canada-approved COVID-19 vaccination reflective of Ontario Health’s current definition of being fully vaccinated
- For more information visit https://www.lhsc.on.ca/careers/health-review-requirements
We are committed to providing a safe, healthy and inclusive work environment that inspires respect. LHSC is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, and 2SLGBTQIA+ persons. We are committed to providing persons with disabilities equal opportunities and standards of goods and services, and are also fully compliant with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005), as applicable.
As part of the assessment process applicants may be required to complete a written examination or test. Please be advised that a reference check may be conducted as part of the selection process.
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Successful candidates, as a condition of job offer, would be required to provide a satisfactory police information check (original document) completed in the last 3 months.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please visit our careers page: Careers | LHSC.