Sign On Bonus Available!
Requisition # MEDIC001208 (PSAC Bargaining Unit)
Regular Full Time – 1.0 FTE
This position is at the L09 level with an hourly pay range of $40.44 to $51.17
Are you looking to be part of an exceptional and passionate health care team in one of Canada’s most spectacular natural environments with vast and stunning wilderness at your doorstep?
Reporting to the Manager, Medical Imaging, the incumbent provides clinical and technical support to Physicians by performing Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) examinations of patients. Works, in conjunction with Radiologist, to ensure the optimal exam and image quality. In the absence of an MRI supervisor and/or resource, the incumbent performs venipuncture’s; contrast media injections; manages all aspects of MRI equipment and digital images including transmission to Picture Archiving Communication System (PACS) for Radiologist/Physician interpretation. Supports the on-going quality assurance program, preventative maintenance testing of equipment; training and evaluating MRI and support personnel/services, administrative and other related duties.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Knowledge of cross sectional anatomy, physiology and pathology
- Knowledge of MRI physics
- Knowledge of sterile technique and infection control practices
- Ability to perform a variety of standard and complex diagnostic MRI procedures as requested by Physician and approved by Radiologist
- Ability to recognize and respond to a change in patient condition
- Ability to be innovative (adjust equipment and/or patient and modify procedures)
- Ability to perform post processing of Magnetic Resonance Images
- Ability to deal with situations in a professional manner
- Ability to provide safe, effective and appropriate care to patients and their families
- Ability to organize, prioritize, adapt to workload schedule variances and resolve work related problems
- Ability to keep current with technology changes and aid in implementation of accepted changes
- Ability to train and orientate other health care professionals
- Proficiency in Venipuncture and maintaining IV access
- Administration of contrast media with knowledge of contraindications, reactions and side effects
- Assesses equipment to ensure it is in proper working order (operate, troubleshoot and adjust as required)
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and teamwork skills
- Thoroughness and attention to detail
- Reliability, self-motivated and ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Cross-cultural awareness
The successful applicant is required to have current registration with the Canadian Association of Medical Radiation Technologists (CAMRT) as MRT (MRI), certificate from an accredited MRI training program, certification in venipuncture for contrast media injections, within 60 days of hire, 1-2 year’s experience in contrast media administration, 1-2 years’ experience in operating and maintaining MRI & related equipment, also a current certification in CPR. Knowledge of computerized hospital and radiology information systems, Picture Archiving Communication System (PACS) and a Bachelor of Radiation Science or Medical Imaging Bachelor of Technology Degree would be considered an asset for the position.
TO APPLY: Visit our website firstname.lastname@example.org and apply by 4:00pm February 23, 2024
For more information, contact recruitment at email@example.com
Indigenous Workforce Initiative – We are committed to having a diverse and representative workforce that reflects the community we serve. When applying to YHC Career Opportunities, we invite you to voluntarily self-identify in the email body of your application. Please do so in whatever manner you feel accurately reflects who you are. You will then be connected with Yukon Hospitals’ Indigenous Workforce Initiative (IWI), where you can receive support with application materials, hear about additional training or mentorship opportunities, and ask any questions you have. All self-identification information will remain confidential. You are also welcome to contact IWI supports before submitting your application at IWI@wgh.yk.ca or call 867-332-7203.
Yukon Hospital Corporation is committed to employment equity. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, however, only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted. Unfortunately, at this time, we are unable to consider resumes from International applicants. Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada in order to apply, i.e. have Landed Immigrant Status,