August 17, 2021
Because we believe in the best health for Canadians we have prepared a 10-point plan for the next federal government.
- That the health of Canadians must be the number one priority of the next federal government.
- That a robust, responsive and high-quality healthcare system requires sustainable federal funding for health research and innovation.
- That the next federal government must engage in constructive dialogue with provinces and territories so that the mistakes of the past waves are not repeated in the looming fourth COVID wave.
- That the next federal government must urgently invest in Canada’s healthcare infrastructure to ensure the well-being of the population.
- That the next federal government must provide more support for mental health programs in Canada.
- That Canada’s older adult population deserves access to high-quality long-term and home care services.
- That the next federal government must build a national health human resource strategy to support the healthcare system strengthen health research and innovation in Canada.
- That the next federal government must undertake a comprehensive review of health transfers to provinces and territories to ensure equal access to high-quality healthcare services for all Canadians regardless of where they live.
- That the next federal government must urgently invest in health research
- That the next federal government ensures Canada is ready for the next pandemic by increasing public health spending and ensuring Canada’s self-sufficiency in pharmaceutical and vaccine production.
We believe in Canada’s future and that our nation can emerge from this pandemic stronger than ever. During this federal election campaign HealthCareCAN will work harder than ever with, and on behalf of, our member institutions dedicated to advancing the health of Canadians.
President & CEO, HealthCareCAN
HealthCareCAN is the national voice of healthcare organizations and hospitals across Canada. We foster informed and continuous, results-oriented discovery and innovation across the continuum of healthcare.
Aug. 27, 2021 Building A Healthy Healthcare System Builds a Stronger Canada Canada’s next government must remember that behind the bricks and mortar of health institutions exists a network of brainpower and dedication to serving the public. Investing in knowledge isn’t an expense. It makes Canada stronger than ever. Behind the bricks and mortar there
August 17, 2021 Because we believe in the best health for Canadians we have prepared a 10-point plan for the next federal government. We believe: That the health of Canadians must be the number one priority of the next federal government. That a robust, responsive and high-quality healthcare system requires sustainable federal funding for health
May 3, 2021 Mental Health Week is being recognized from May 3-9 this year and for many Canadians the event holds even more significance than usual given the heavy and ongoing toll exacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. Many of us continue to struggle amidst increasing COVID-19 case numbers and hospitalizations, tighter public health measures and
April 16, 2021 Fundamental science provided the building blocks for the scientific community’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic and was the foundation for the rapid development of diagnostics, therapeutics and vaccines to combat the virus. Fundamental science can also be the foundation for our nation to build back better post-COVID, but only if the federal
March 16, 2021 Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic Canada’s health research community has clearly demonstrated the vital role it plays in helping get the country through a crisis. Indeed, the unprecedented speed with which COVID-19 research in Canada has progressed is a clear testament to the unwavering dedication and skill of our health research workforce. However,