August 17, 2021
Because we believe in the best health for Canadians we have prepared a 10-point plan for the next federal government.
- That the health of Canadians must be the number one priority of the next federal government.
- That a robust, responsive and high-quality healthcare system requires sustainable federal funding for health research and innovation.
- That the next federal government must engage in constructive dialogue with provinces and territories so that the mistakes of the past waves are not repeated in the looming fourth COVID wave.
- That the next federal government must urgently invest in Canada’s healthcare infrastructure to ensure the well-being of the population.
- That the next federal government must provide more support for mental health programs in Canada.
- That Canada’s older adult population deserves access to high-quality long-term and home care services.
- That the next federal government must build a national health human resource strategy to support the healthcare system strengthen health research and innovation in Canada.
- That the next federal government must undertake a comprehensive review of health transfers to provinces and territories to ensure equal access to high-quality healthcare services for all Canadians regardless of where they live.
- That the next federal government must urgently invest in health research
- That the next federal government ensures Canada is ready for the next pandemic by increasing public health spending and ensuring Canada’s self-sufficiency in pharmaceutical and vaccine production.
We believe in Canada’s future and that our nation can emerge from this pandemic stronger than ever. During this federal election campaign HealthCareCAN will work harder than ever with, and on behalf of, our member institutions dedicated to advancing the health of Canadians.
President & CEO, HealthCareCAN
HealthCareCAN is the national voice of healthcare organizations and hospitals across Canada. We foster informed and continuous, results-oriented discovery and innovation across the continuum of healthcare.
See article as it originally appeared in the Hill Times By Renato Discenza, President and CEO, HealthPRO and Paul-Émile Cloutier, President and CEO, HealthCareCAN With the federal government having unveiled its spending plan for the coming year, the conversation between the federal government and the provincial and territorial governments over Canada Health Transfers (CHT) will
The Urgent Obligation to Stabilize Canada’s Health Care System – Article in Policy Magazine by Paul-Émile Cloutier
November 25, 2021 Read the story as it originally appears in Hospital News The last 20 months have been a wake-up call for Canada. We continue to grapple with the deadly global COVID-19 virus that has caused over 29,000 deaths, crippled our economy and pushed healthcare system to the brink and even past it. The